A tooth extraction treatment generally occurs when a tooth is too far damaged to be saved and must be removed to keep the rest of your smile safe from infection or further damage.
Set up your smile for summer success with tooth extraction treatments. Listed below are some significant tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking lowers recovery success from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to stop all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If your dentist has given you systems for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction treatment to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If unwarranted swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To avoid choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic has worn off.
If you would like to meet with Dr. Bennett R. Shanker and our team at Shanker Dental for an oral examination, please call 856-455-1183 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Bridgeton, New Jersey. Come on in to learn more about your tooth extraction options to get the bright and healthy smile you’ve always wanted.